Saturday, December 5, 2015

The swift kick of a horse and the barrel of a shotgun

Hello all,

I hope all is going well back home for all of you.

Yesterday we had transfers and I’m still in Peurto Vilelas for right now but I do have a new companion. Elder Johnson of Spanish Fork Utah... yeah you hate to see it... But he is super awesome and we are going to do some great work together here. Things are going to be running a little differently with him at the helm and it sounds like he has had a lot of success with how he and his last companions did things so we hope to bring some life into this area and get the wheels rolling.

This next transfer we are for sure having 2 baptisms as well.  One maybe this weekend or the next and the following will be in about 2 weeks so we are super excited for that coming up. The first baptisms in our area in over a year.

This past week was a pretty interesting one to say the least... explaining the title of this email; yes, I was in fact kicked by a horse to start off.  It started off with Elder Jauregui and I walking down the road and some guy stopped us asking why we didn’t believe in Saints like the Catholics do.  Well he went on and on for a while and it lead to him talking about people in the United States worshiping Obama and all this weird stuff.  Not gonna lie the horse could not have come at a better moment.  But I was standing there trying to understand what was going on when all the sudden BAM! and I hit the ground.  I had no idea what had happened until I turned around and saw the horse had come up from behind and gotten me when I least expected it.  Everything is fine, I am fine I just got up and walked away and all I had a little bruise to show from it.  How lame is that? 

Next was a car chase and again with Elder Jauregui. We were standing on the street corner waiting for the bus when we look down the road and there were cop cars trying to pin this car on the road.  Well, all the cars had come towards us and whipped around the corner and we kind of had to jump back to not get hit.  But the only thing I was paying attention to was one of the cop cars with a women hanging out the window and a 12-gauge shotgun pointed at ME!  Like seriously the car is over there get that thing away from me. 

Chaco man... la vida la vida am I right?

Have a great week
Elder Peters

By the way the exclamation point on this computer doesn’t work.  If it did this email would be a lot more exciting...

No pictures again this week sorry. The cybers here are no bueno...



Sup fam,

So things have been pretty low key.  Transfers were yesterday and I have a new trainer but am still here in Puerto Vilelas.  Things are looking really good and we have a baptism for the coming weeks for a twelve-year-old boy who wakes up at 6 am every Sunday and is the first one to be at the chapel, he is so excited to be baptized and me and my new companion are going to try our best to get him ready this Saturday but at this point it might be next Saturday. The next is a 16-year-old girl who just moved in with some less active members about 3 weeks ago. We have been teaching her and she never seemed interested until 1 lesson when we watched the restoration video and every changed.  She got on her knees and was balling as she asked for an answer from God and now has such a strong testimony and wants to be baptized.  She attended church with her 16-year-old cousin, who is also working with us to be baptized the same day with her cousin. All three are so ready and we look forward to these next couple of weeks with them before their baptisms.

But other than that all was well this week, my new companion has a different style and it sounds like we are going to be visiting a lot of the less actives in our ward seeking references instead of contacting because apparently that’s the key in this mission for baptisms. He has 10 baptisms and only came from contacting, so we will see how that works out in our area. I’m super excited and things are going to be running at high speed from now on.
  
Elder Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment