Monday, September 5, 2016

From the Costanera to Resistencia

Hey all!

So I’m writing kind of early today but I’m in Resistencia today and I will be all day long!! My comps got a little problem so we are going to be in and out of doctors’ offices all day long.... great way to spend P day no??

But this week has been kind of rough for us here! Our baptism for this weekend fell through then we just got rejected hard core all week long.... So it was rough. We have been trying our best to stay positive in every day even though it had completely gone south for us this week....

plus, Elder White had been in pain all week long making it difficult for him to walk around... so these last couple day our President told us to just chill in the pension to give him some rest! 

So yesterday I actually got out to a different part of Corrientes Capital to work for a little bit in the afternoon! This area is right up against the beach so it was super nice!! But it just rained on us all afternoon long and neither of us had our jackets and boots... so it was fun.... We get back to our pension on the complete other side of Corrientes soaking wet and cold.... But it was super fun! I worked with Elder Salas Mora from the Tierra del Fuego (which is ironic since it’s the furthest south off all the provinces of Argentina....) But he is a super awesome guy!! 

Elder Sheehan and I already have plans to celebrate our 1-year mark together!! We have plans to go eat some bomb Argentine BBQ food (all you can eat... 200 pesos.... so worth it....) then go hit up some Gaucho shops to go buy some bomb stuff! Other than that there’s not a lot to do here....

But things are going super well! We are just hanging out with the office elders all day today! I will be on later as well so if you got time to chat that would be dope!

But hope all is well back at home!
Forgot my Camera in Corrientes so I don’t have pictures for y’all this week!


Hey fam....

So I’m writing kind of early today.... we are in Resistencia right now... my companion might need surgery.... so we are going to be going to doctors all day today.... I don’t know I haven’t asked yet... I’ll talk to the office elders and find out what I can do about the G's (yes mom... Garments....)

I never got the second package and no I actually just saw the other Elder Peters... he told his family as well to start putting his first name on everything too so there wouldn’t be mix ups anymore....Yes Spice packets mom.....

But this past week it got really hot (about to 110) but then yesterday it dropped back down to about 50 and started raining again... on the taxi ride to Resistencia this morning I kind of got the feeling I was in Oregon as we were crossing the bridge and it was dumping rain... Then the Taxi driver started talking to me in Spanish so he kind of ruined the moment....

Here in Corrientes its definitely a lot colder... but it gets A LOT humider here than in Formosa... it’s terrible and I have already started sweating a bunch..... 

I don’t know what else to keep you updated on!  But I’m on my way out the door right now... we are having lunch with some of the office elders today! I’ll be back on later today! Have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment