Thursday, December 8, 2016

Steps of the Free

Hey everyone!

So this past week was pretty awesome!  I spent my last week in Capital! We had some pretty dope work going down right as I was leaving so that sucked to leave that all behind but then I  got transferred!

So, I got transferred to a place called Paso de Los Libres!  I’m still in the province of Corrientes but its a little town right on the border of Brazil!  So I might be learning a bit of Portuguese during my time here!  But I’m super excited for a change!  My new companion is named Elder Curtis from a small town in Texas called Alpine! He’s super tranquilo and we will be passing Christmas and New Year’s together! but we are the only 2 in the city so we will see what goes down!  But in this zone me and him basically will just be traveling a lot! We have the assignment to be head of all the other missionaries in this area of Corrientes, and the closest other missionaries live about 2 hours away so we will see how that goes!  But this week we will be having a meeting in Resistencia so we will be on a bus all day tomorrow for the meeting Thursday, then staying the day in Mercedes, Corrientes all day Friday, so I won’t even be getting to know Paso very well my first week here!

It’s awesome and super tranquilo here in the campo! For once I’m not in a big city!  The only thing is that its HUMID!!! Like bad!! We are literally in the middle of the jungle and right on the outskirts in the biggest wetlands in all of Argentina! (one of the few national parks that they have here in the country!)

But I’m doing good still getting adjusted to the new traveling lifestyle a little bit! I haven’t really traveled long distances yet in the mission but now luckily I am in the second highest traveling area in the mission (2nd only to the 2 guys that travel through ALL of Formosa) so it will be fun and tiring all mixed into one!!

But I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

Love Elder Peters

Brazil from the costanera of Libres
  
Sorry to hear that everyone is getting sick this week!

So question time... when the Elder’s and Sister’s come for dinner do you have a huge combined dinner with all 4 of them?? In this mission we aren’t even really allowed to talk with the sister missionaries let alone do activities and meals together... and no we didn’t watch the Christmas devotional... We actually work in this mission instead of watching Christmas stuff... (calling out the missionaries in the home ward).  They do show it in the chapels here in Argentina sometimes but we as missionaries don’t have permission to go and watch it unless we have an investigator or something like that!

I haven’t really talked to Chadd no.. I haven’t kept up with him at all... we just doing our own thing!  Speaking of Christmas, I haven’t heard anything about skype yet but here in this mission we only have sacrament meeting then we are spending the rest of the day in the pension (besides to skype you guys of course).

But all is well here in Paso de los Libres! Being a zone leader is going to be rough in this zone because we spend a lot of time traveling and stuff like that... the other missionaries in our zone are in Mercedes (home of the saint, Gauchito Gil), and Curuzú Cuatiá (since I know you guys like to Google map this kind of stuff) so we have to go out to those places almost every week to do divisions with them and stuff!

But it’s all good just getting ready for the humidity here in the jungle!

Love you all!
go Ducks

Elder Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment