Tuesday, January 26, 2016

TRUNKY

Hello all,

So nothing really new this week... Nothing really new or exciting to update y'all on this week.... the life is the life I guess!  Not actually trunky (home sick) but I am surrounded by trunky people with 4 out of the 6 people in my district going home before May... so I still got the feels sometimes for back home but nothing too bad!! At least not like Elder Johnson or Elder Karmonov!!

I guess to say for now is my castellano has gotten a lot better, I actually understand what’s going on around me and can speak a little bit. The only thing holding me back at this point is the lack of vocabulary I know and some grammatical stuff as well... My biggest language accomplishment is talking a member in our ward about Diego Valeri and the Portland Timbers winning the MLS championship (the Portland Timbers is his favorite non-argentine team) which actually happened a while ago… but I was able to tell him what it was like to go to a game and answer his questions to why they would have a big tree trunk on the sideline (the one they cut slices from after a player scores a goal if you’re not from Oregon and have no idea what I’m talking about....)

Me and my comp also have sources in the economy game and how the dollar is doing against the Argentine peso, So I can also get some currency talk going as well!

But I don’t have any pictures or any stories this week! Hope all is well back home!! Would love some update from all of you back at home, school, our out in your mission fields!!

With love,
Until next week,
Elder Pedros
Make yourself at home.



fam,

Things are still going down here... still nothing new to talk about hahaha.  We just work day in and day out and talk with people so nothings really new.  The language is coming along really well and can talk with people a little bit about things other than the gospel.  The only thing at this point holding me back is my lack of vocab.

Ben last week did send a picture of the cookies he got and says thank you!!

I don’t really know what else to say.... I got your thanksgiving card this past week!  If you want to know what I’ve been doing study wise I am reading through the Bible and Book of Mormon in Spanish and started reading the teachings of Spencer W Kimball.  I’m learning a lot about the New Testament actually its really interesting... 10/10 would recommend, Pablo just spits some straight gospel doctrine in all his epistles to the Romans and the Corinthians and stuff its really good!

I guess an update on our investigators... Dani’s mom said she doesn’t want to listen to us anymore and the guy we bought the Christmas presents for we haven’t taught in like 3 weeks now but we still continue to teach his kids like 3 times a week. Other than that it’s just been normal day in and day out.

Hope all is well back home!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!

Love
Elder Peters



No comments:

Post a Comment