Friday, May 6, 2016

From 100 to 0 REAL Quick!

Hello everyone!!

So this past week we had a blizzard in Formosa!! Not really, but it did get cold REAL fast!! The week before we enjoyed sunny skies and 90 degrees but then Tuesday morning we woke up and it was 35 degrees... so we practically were dying this whole week, not of heat exhaustion, but of hypothermia... That’s a new one... But it was fun!  No one wanted to talk to us! And we also didn’t have a heater and we don’t have hot water, so that big water tank on top of our house was nice and ice cold for us waking up and showering every morning :) We have turned to showering out of buckets just so we could have warm water that we heated up on the stove top.... But we managed and we are still alive and frost bite free! Luckily when we went out to Nomqom they all had campfires going so we got to get all nice and warm!!

We didn’t see much else this week!  Like I said no one wanted to leave their beds so everyone told us to just go away and leave them alone... so it was an alright week! Luckily we always had milk and chocolate in the pension waiting for us every time we got back! And the people we did talk to have been making some amazing progress!! So hopefully we will be seeing a lot of success these next couple of weeks!!

Not much else has gone on this week!  Only just the cold and more cold... but we still manage to have the time of our lives down here!  Even if it means almost pushing your comp in the zanja (ditch) every know and them ;) 

But have a good week! Miss you all! I won’t be writing until next Tuesday as next week are transfers! So I’ll be writing you all then! and Mom and Dad I’ll be skyping you Sunday for mother’s day:)

 
Curled up next to the campfire with puppies

The District before transfers




Hello fam,

Just to get skype out of the way...
We have stake conference and transfers this next week, so it’s going to be a little hectic and the only time we see fit is around like 5-7 which I understand is right when church starts, it’s like 12-2 your time or something like that... 1-3... I know its inconvenient but we are having a crazy week this week with the area 70 coming, stake conference, and transfers, so I’m sorry if its inconvenient for you guys!! Its crazy cause I called you guys yesterday and now it’s already that time again... so time is flying I guess.

Glad to see things are going really well for you guys back home!!  Staying busy I assume?  Just tell Kirstin to stop flirting with the missionaries in the ward.... But will the house be completely different when I get home or will you guys even still be living there???

This week was alright...
It dropped down to like 35 degrees so we died of hypothermia.... especially since we didn’t have a heater until Friday and we still don’t have warm water… so all the water in the water tank above our house is almost frozen just in time for our shower time in the morning:) But I also didn’t have any cold weather gear so I did have to be disobedient and wear my Oregon sweatshirt out working, luckily I just threw on the black rain coat to cover up my disobedience....

It was also hard to get lessons since no one wanted to leave their beds, but luckily out in Nomqom we got to have all our charlas (lessons) next to campfires to keep us warm!  But we don’t have any baptisms scheduled for the near future... so we will see!!   But we are super excited that one of our investigators who is an evegelico pastor told us that he prayed and knew that the book of Mormon was true! so after 2 months, now his progress is shooting through the roof!

But all is well right now!! Things are tranquilo and Elder Sears and I are starting to get scared it might be our last week together... I’m still only eating rice and noodles and sometimes meat... we have been splurging to get some peppers and onions thrown in there!!

But besides the cold I’m fine!  All is well and I look forward to calling you Sunday! I know mom will be waiting by the computer all day so if there’s a change in plans she will already be there ready to talk!

Have a great week!
Elder Peters


No comments:

Post a Comment